Complaint Forms to Download
The Sacramento City Unified School District (SCUSD) has the primary responsibility to
insure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations and has established
procedures to address allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation
and/or bullying complaints alleging violation of state or federal laws governing educational
programs. Please read the 2018 SCUSD notification for the Uniform Complaint Procedure.
- “The California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 4610 authorizes the California Department of Education (CDE), through the Uniform Complaints Procedures (UCP), to process only complaints regarding student discrimination and/or categorical programs that are mandated by certain federal and state statutes and regulations as appeals of the local education agency decision or, in certain specified situations.
- Special Education complaints are handled through the Special Education Complaint Process.
- Complaints against a district, school, principal, teacher, or school personnel are not within the jurisdiction of the CDE. Each local district governing board has ultimate authority over general education processes. Please contact your local school district administration to determine what local processes govern the resolution of complaints.
- If your complaint is against a principal, teacher, or school personnel, you may want to ask your local district administration for information on their employee grievance process. If your complaint is against a principal or teacher, you may also contact the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (Outside Source).
- Procedures for filing a complaint against the National School Lunch, School Breakfast, Special Milk, Child and Adult Care Food, Summer Food Service, or Commodity Supplemental Food programs are handled by the United States Department of Agriculture.”